Footnotes from the British Underground

This blog began as venue for my stories as I traveled in Africa. 18 months later, I return to it as I travel to study as a Marshall Scholar in the United Kingdom. My hope is that this blog can be a conduit for you - my family, friends and secret/strange admirers - to track my movements, see a photo or two and get a glimpse of my days in the UK. Apologies once again to Dostoevsky for the blog's name...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom

After graduating from Notre Dame, I'm off to England for graduate study. I'll be studying for a M.A. in International Politics and Security Studies. When not studying, I'm continuing to coordinate Uganda-CAN's efforts to end the 20-year war in northern Uganda!

23.10.06

Walking for Uganda in Birmingham.

Just returned from a splendid weekend in Birmingham (note: the 'h' is not pronounced), Britain's second largest city...
I stayed with two other Marshall Scholars - Adam and Kent - both studying at Univ. of Birmingham. Top notch guys. The picture to the right is of us in front of the famous Birmingham Bull.



The main reason for my trip was to participate in Birmingham's GuluWalk; one of 82 cities in 15 different countries on Saturday that had over 50,000 walking for the children of northern Uganda.And here are two photos (more to come) from the walk. One of me and the new woman MP from Amuru District in northern Uganda (right) and the other of our group walking through the streets of Birmingham on Saturday (left).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home