Footnotes from the British Underground

This blog began as venue for my stories as I traveled in Africa. 18 months later, I return to it as I travel to study as a Marshall Scholar in the United Kingdom. My hope is that this blog can be a conduit for you - my family, friends and secret/strange admirers - to track my movements, see a photo or two and get a glimpse of my days in the UK. Apologies once again to Dostoevsky for the blog's name...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom

After graduating from Notre Dame, I'm off to England for graduate study. I'll be studying for a M.A. in International Politics and Security Studies. When not studying, I'm continuing to coordinate Uganda-CAN's efforts to end the 20-year war in northern Uganda!

28.9.06

Finally Some Photos from London...

Well my computer troubles continue, but I wanted to post a few photos from the Marshall orientation (in DC and London) and then my arrival at Bradford. I started classes here on Tuesday and I'm convinced now that graduate school is just a race to see who can read the most books. It's quite funny to see syllabi where the indicative texts are books written by my old professors and mentors at Notre Dame's Kroc Institute...

The peace studies masters program has 100 folks in it, from nearly 40 countries. It's pretty wild. But I've made a few friends and have been exploring Bradford, which is by the far most globally diverse place I've ever been...

To the right here is a photo of our Marshall Scholars group entering the British Foreign Minister's office for a reception.


To the left here, I'm standing with Steve from Chicago, who is studying archaeology at the University of Bristol. Really great guy, and we hung out a lot during last week. As you can see from my facial express, the week was pretty tiring.


And to my right, that is a shot of Westminister (and the famous Big Ben) from the London Eye, a massive ferris wheel that gives amazing views of the city. And you can see me on the Eye below.

And I'll end with a photo of the first sight I saw when I arrived north last Friday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home