Footnotes from the British Underground

This blog began as venue for my stories as I traveled in Africa. 18 months later, I return to it as I travel to study as a Marshall Scholar in the United Kingdom. My hope is that this blog can be a conduit for you - my family, friends and secret/strange admirers - to track my movements, see a photo or two and get a glimpse of my days in the UK. Apologies once again to Dostoevsky for the blog's name...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom

After graduating from Notre Dame, I'm off to England for graduate study. I'll be studying for a M.A. in International Politics and Security Studies. When not studying, I'm continuing to coordinate Uganda-CAN's efforts to end the 20-year war in northern Uganda!

24.9.06

Arriving in England; Apologies for the Delay

My apologies for not posting here over the last week. Unfortunately, I've had the damndest time connecting to the Internet first in London and now here in Bradford. I'm hoping to get that fixed by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. At which point, I have lots of anecdotes and photos to post...

The Marshall orientation was really striking. We heard speeches from Tom Friedman of the NY Times, former UK foreign minister Jack Straw, editor-in-chief of Newsweek Mark Whittaker, former under-sec. of state Rich Armitage and more. In London, we attended receptions at both the Parliament (at Westminister) and the Foreign Minister's office. The week presented more than enough food for thought, and quite a bit of political inspiration.

I've only been now in Bradford for two days, but I find it a fascinating place. It is one of the most globally diverse spots I've ever been too, with people and restaurants from all over the globe. And to more precise descriptions, I'll return in my next blog entry...Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home