Footnotes from the British Underground

This blog began as venue for my stories as I traveled in Africa. 18 months later, I return to it as I travel to study as a Marshall Scholar in the United Kingdom. My hope is that this blog can be a conduit for you - my family, friends and secret/strange admirers - to track my movements, see a photo or two and get a glimpse of my days in the UK. Apologies once again to Dostoevsky for the blog's name...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom

After graduating from Notre Dame, I'm off to England for graduate study. I'll be studying for a M.A. in International Politics and Security Studies. When not studying, I'm continuing to coordinate Uganda-CAN's efforts to end the 20-year war in northern Uganda!

16.6.05

The Rape that Arises out of War

The linked article from the UN News Service highlights the widespread, systematic rape throughout northern Uganda, where vulnerable peoples are so easily manipulated by those who hold any power or access to resources. It is a sad fact of war that in the rubble of destruction and killing, systemic acts of personal violence and exploitation persist as people are dominated by their base carnal desires to control, to desire, to dominate. This article is a call to action for the international community to demand better protection for the vulnerable peoples of northern Uganda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home