Footnotes from the British Underground

This blog began as venue for my stories as I traveled in Africa. 18 months later, I return to it as I travel to study as a Marshall Scholar in the United Kingdom. My hope is that this blog can be a conduit for you - my family, friends and secret/strange admirers - to track my movements, see a photo or two and get a glimpse of my days in the UK. Apologies once again to Dostoevsky for the blog's name...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom

After graduating from Notre Dame, I'm off to England for graduate study. I'll be studying for a M.A. in International Politics and Security Studies. When not studying, I'm continuing to coordinate Uganda-CAN's efforts to end the 20-year war in northern Uganda!

8.6.05

Northern Uganda - The Forgotten Crisis

According to a recent poll by Reuters AlertNet, northern Uganda is the world's second most forgotten crisis, only behind the war in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Further, the United Nations listed northern Uganda as one of its "10 stories the world should hear more about." Medicins Sans Frontiers placed northern Uganda at the top of its list of Top 10 Underreported Stories of 2004.

The forgotten crisis in Gulu, Pader, Kitgum, Apac and Lira districts rages on, crying for international coverage, attention and action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home