Footnotes from the British Underground

This blog began as venue for my stories as I traveled in Africa. 18 months later, I return to it as I travel to study as a Marshall Scholar in the United Kingdom. My hope is that this blog can be a conduit for you - my family, friends and secret/strange admirers - to track my movements, see a photo or two and get a glimpse of my days in the UK. Apologies once again to Dostoevsky for the blog's name...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bradford, United Kingdom

After graduating from Notre Dame, I'm off to England for graduate study. I'll be studying for a M.A. in International Politics and Security Studies. When not studying, I'm continuing to coordinate Uganda-CAN's efforts to end the 20-year war in northern Uganda!

9.6.05

Breaking News? "Museveni Extends Olive Branch to LRA Leader"

The United Nations Integrated Regional Information Networks is reporting that President Museveni has said he would forgive Joseph Kony if he came out of the "bush." This is a very hopeful sign, especially from a president who one month ago said he would never talk peace with the rebels. Yet, one has to question the seriousness of Museveni with such statements given a long history of mistrust and contradictions. Let's hope that this will at least provide a space for a renewal of negotiations that could bring an end to the war. The role of the international community, particularly the United States government and the troika of Great Britain, Norway and the Netherlands, could not be more critical in facilitating, sustaining and monitoring such a moment for negotiation.

2 Comments:

Blogger emmalou said...

Search this thing - it is hilarious how people cant even spell right when they are selling something on eBay

Misspelledauctions.com

1:04 PM GMT  
Blogger The Coupon Guru said...

I enjoyed your estate forum gazette news northern real blog. You might enjoy this news discussion forum also. **News Discussion Forum**

9:16 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home